If you have a gazebo canopy, you know that it can get dirty quickly. In fact, most gazebos have a canopy that is rain or sun resistant, but it still needs to be cleaned on a regular basis to keep it looking and performing its best. Here are some tips on how to clean a gazebo canopy.
What is a Gazebo Canopy?
A gazebo canopy is the roof that covers a gazebo. It is usually made of a durable material, such as polyester, or in more premium models, oxford fabric with waterproof coating. That is designed to resist rain or sun damage. It is also usually removable for easy cleaning.
What is the Typical Gazebo Canopy Size?
Gazebos come in different sizes but the most common ones are 3m x 3m in dimensions. 2.5m x 2.5m and 3m x 6m models also common but not as much as 3m x 3m models.
How Often Should a Gazebo Canopy be Cleaned?
Most experts recommend that a gazebo canopy should be cleaned every 2 to 4 months. However, if it is heavily used or if it is in a particularly dirty environment, the canopy may need to be cleaned more frequently.
How to Clean a Gazebo Canopy?
1. Remove the canopy from the gazebo if possible. If it is attached with Velcro, simply pull it off. If it is attached by screws, undo them and remove it.
2. Wet down the canopy with lukewarm water and mild soap. Be careful not to get soap on the fabric or on the poles that hold up the canopy.
3. Gently scrub with a brush or a hard-bristled sponge until the surface is clean. Use a gentle solution if needed to avoid harsh scrubbing which could tear the fabric.
4. Rinse the canopy under running water.
5. Dry the canopy with a clean cloth or paper towel.
6. Let it air dry in an open space
Cleaning a gazebo canopy is important not only to keep it looking good, but also to protect it from (acidic)rain or (acidic) bird's dropping. If you have any questions or would like more advice on how to clean a gazebo canopy, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help.
Are you looking for a gazebo that is both durable and attractive? Look no further than Edinco gazebos! Our outdoor gazebos are made from commercial-grade material explained above, including a heavy-duty steel frame, waterproof and high-density Oxford Fabric with a generous PU coating.